The team was led by Br Naji Mabruk and included Br Messaoud Benantar and Br Momin ur Rahman. The team interviewed members of APA school board, past and present, members of the community, APA staff and APA parents and consulted other Islamic schools and various online resources before submitting an initial charter draft to the BT.
The draft was made available to the community, school board, and parents for review and comments. The charter team received feedback from the community and submitted their final draft to the BT on Jan 29, 2006. After careful review, the Board of Trustees made some edit and unanimously adopted the new APA School Board charter on Feb 4, 2006.
To download the latest version of the School Board Charter, click here.
The Board of Trustees would like to thank the charter review team for an excellent effort. They spent a lot of time and effort, and the resulting document significantly improves the current APA school board charter. Some of the highlights of the new charter include:
- An expanded school board, consisting of seven members.
- More representation from the parent council (3 members)
- Better aligned with accreditation requirements
- Clearly defined roles and responsibilities
- Greater empowerment and autonomy for the school board and the school administration
- Streamlined hiring process
- Clear lines of communication and reporting requirements
- An improved process for annual charter review and amendments
We recognize that no document can be perfect and no amount of time is sufficient. However, we strongly believe that the new APA charter will go a long way in improving the operations of the school. We are open to suggestions and comments from the community and parents. If you have suggestions to improve the charter, please e-mail ICGA Board of Trustees at
and we will consider all such input during the next charter review cycle, Insha-Allah.
ICGA Board of Trustees deeply appreciates the efforts and would like to thank all participants of this charter amendment process.
Jazak Allahu Khairun,
The ICGA Board of Trustee