Flu Season – Take Precautions!
Assalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatahu
We pray this reaches you in the best of health and Imaan.
Every year at this time, illnesses spread far and wide. This year, the Central Texas area is experiencing a very active flu season. Many Austin Peace Academy students and staff have come down with the flu and other flu-like illnesses.
Please take extra precautions and encourage your child to do the same.
We strongly advise you to:
– Keep your child home if they have a fever of 100.4 or higher
– Not return your child to school until they are fever free for at least 24 hours (without fever-reducing medication)
– Encourage your children to cough into their elbows and wash their hands frequently.
– Remind children not to share food items.
– Keep your children home if they are vomiting.
Any child sent to school sick with a fever or vomiting will have to be sent home.
We must be mindful of all our dear students at APA and take necessary precautions to prevent this from spreading, insha’Allah.
May Allah (swt) grant our children and families good health always. Ameen.