The High school offers a profound opportunity for young people to be members of a community fostering courageous self-expression and a deep love of learning. We provide a unique college-preparatory experience where rigorous academic demands are combined with a commitment to nurture and support the overall wellbeing of our students. We believe our students’ success in life will be a function of their ability to produce extraordinary results while maintaining healthy and sustainable lifestyles.”
The High School teaching staff is known for two very important things:
- Loving their content area; and
- Establishing truly respectful relationships with their students.
We hire teachers who not only love to teach, they love to learn. Our teachers share their enthusiasm for their subject in the classroom. This enthusiasm has a profound impact on our students. Plus, our teachers care about the students. Not just whether or not the student is passing, our teachers care about the welfare of our students. In a classroom where the teacher loves the subject and cares about the students, a deep reverence for learning arises.
Austin Peace Academy teachers:
- Model a life-long love of learning
- Listen for the hopes, dreams, and commitments of our students
- Nurture compassion and love
- Hold students to extraordinary academic and social standards
- Honor our students’ promises with support, reminders, and apology-free delivery of consequences