School Board Goals and Objectives
The Board of Trustees of Islamic Center of Greater Austin has set the following goals and objectives for the School Board:
- Adopt policies, plans, and procedures for the school that are consistent with the mission, vision, and beliefs of Austin Peace Academy.
- Ensure that the school has capable and qualified leadership and administration.
- Provide adequate support and resources to the school principal and empower him/her to execute the school?s mission and day-to-day operations.
- Hold the principal accountable for performance and results in the areas of academics, curriculum, Islamic and character education, staffing, operational, and fiscal effectiveness, school enrollment, student well-being, and parental and staff satisfaction.
- Maintain regular and open communication with parents and community members to keep them informed in matters related to school performance, goals, and plans.
- Plan yearly budgets and raise funds to meet school’s operational and growth needs.
- Expand the school to a successful high school based on well-studied plans that sustain the educational standards and services for elementary, middle and high school.
- Formulate and execute plan to earn accreditation and take steps to maintain it.
- Encourage an active Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) that contributes to the success of the school.
- Establish communications with the Muslim community in Austin and close working relationships with local Islamic Centers in order to promote the school?s vision, build broad base community support and participation for the school.
- In cooperation with the BT formulate a strategic plan to make the school financially self-sufficient and ensure its long-term success and stability.
- Ensures that the school complies with all applicable statutes and governmental regulations, including the State of Texas Child Protective and Regulatory Services (PRS) and Texas Education Agency’s (TEA) rules and requirements.
School Board Responsibilities
APA SB policies and structure must align to meet responsibilities stated in Article 7 of the School Board (SB) Charter as listed below:
- SB is responsible for carrying out its duties as outlined in its goals and objectives in Article 3 of the SB charter.
- SB is responsible for maintaining operational oversight of the school and ensuring that
- The SB shall established policies and procedures that recognize and preserve the executive, administrative, and leadership prerogatives of the APA principal.
- The SB shall not interfere with the day-to-day operations of the school. However, SB shall ensure that APA administration is performing its duties and is carrying out its responsibilities.
- SB is responsible for approval of goals, performance measures, targets, and reporting plans submitted by the school principal, and shall hold the principal accountable for the results.
- SB is responsible for submitting financial reports, progress reports and results to BT according to the APA School Board Master Schedule and the annual goals, measures, and targets approved by the BT.
- SB is responsible for preparing APA annual budget, working closely with APA principal, and submitting it for approval to BT according to the APA SB Master Schedule.