In April 2005, ICGA Board of Trustees requested the Austin Muslim community to participate in the review and re-writing of the Austin Peace Academy school board charter. With the grace of Allah (swt), capable and experienced community members came forward and took the assignment.
To download the latest version of the School Board Charter, click here.
Some of the highlights of the new charter include:
- An expanded school board, consisting of seven members.
- More representation from the parent council (3 members)
- Better aligned with accreditation requirements
- Clearly defined roles and responsibilities
- Greater empowerment and autonomy for the school board and the school administration
- Streamlined hiring process
- Clear lines of communication and reporting requirements
- An improved process for annual charter review and amendments
We recognize that no document can be perfect and no amount of time is sufficient. However, we strongly believe that the new APA charter will go a long way in improving the operations of the school. We are open to suggestions and comments from the community and parents. If you have suggestions to improve the charter, please contact ICGA Board of Trustees and we will consider all such input during the next charter review cycle, Insha-Allah.
ICGA Board of Trustees deeply appreciates the efforts and would like to thank all participants of this charter amendment process.
Jazak Allahu Khairun,
The ICGA Board of Trustee